Sunday 4 March 2012

Chocolate Cake Recipe, French-Style

Chocolate Cake Recipe, French-Style

You know your weekend went well when you've got several new sweetmeat recipes turned out, tasted and crumbs left to clean up by Monday morning.

I've noticed that I've been lagging in the homemade sweetmeat department for some time now. And this isn't right for several reasons.

Chocolate Cake Recipe

First of all, they bring added pizazz to a meal. Secondly, a microscopic sweetness can go a long way to forestall the dreaded grazing habit and it's a great bonding dish to originate with children who actively seek making stuff with you in the kitchen.

Finally, I've realized that some of my husband's fondest memories are about desserts that his mom used to make. But don't we all? No one reminisces over the canned veggies now do they?

Here's where the Suchard chocolate comes in. I had it on hand, quietly keeping the flour and sugar enterprise in the pantry. Having no best recipe than the one on the back of the box. My daughter's got my brownie recipe in her head and went right for melting the chocolate in the saucepan. (Personally, I think she just likes breaking the bar up into chunks and stirring what looks like Willy Wonka's chocolate River.) She also got out the eggs, a mixing bowl, un fouet, whisk and flour.

The recipe is quite simple, easy, not difficult (except for whipping les blancs d'oeufs en neige, whipping the egg whites stiff). My daughter practiced her reading (of the recipe) and I got a bicep workout whisking the yokes with the sugar and butter until light yellow. Excellent, reading practice, arm workout, sweetmeat for all in one go. Of course when dessert-time came around, I let her do the honors of serving everyone.

But the icing on this cake (total pun intended) was that for so microscopic introductory speculation my daughter and I baked up a batch of memories that will stay with us a lifetime. Now that's the kind of return I want on all my investments.

Suchard Chocolate Cake

*200 gr dark chocolate, or one dark, baking chocolate bar
*3 eggs, detach whites from yokes
*pinch of salt
*butter, softened
*1/3 cup or 50 gr sugar
*2/3 cup or 80 gr flour

Pre-heat oven to: 180°C (350°F). Grease and flour a medium-sized cake pan.

Melt chocolate in pan over low heat; in a detach bowl whisk together butter, sugar and egg yokes until batter is light yellow in color. (Hand whisk is sufficient); fold in flour in increments, whisking well after each increment. Beat egg whites until stiff, set aside.

Stir chocolate in to flour, egg mixture, gradually sit in egg whites. Pour into cake pan and bake for 25-30 minutes.

Chocolate Cake Recipe, French-Style

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Cakes Recipe and Cake Decorating Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template