Tuesday 1 November 2011

Apple Spice Cake formula - Scrumptious sweetmeat For Any chance That is Sure to Be a Hit

Apple Spice Cake formula - Scrumptious sweetmeat For Any chance That is Sure to Be a Hit

I will preface my wife's infamous apple spice cake recipe with a brief story. One day, my wife was making ready for a "women-only" party (or, at least that is the calculate she gave when she told me why I couldn't come). I was at work when she called in a panic, request for my advice on what to make for the sweetmeat she forgot to get ready for the party.

She only had 2 hours until she de facto had to be in the car and on the way, so she needing something she could for sure prepare, and something that she would not be embarrassed to serve. So, I did some quick mental on my feet, and reminded her of how much I loved her apple spice cake recipe she made for me a few weeks ago (with my former hope being that there will be leftovers when she gets back from her party).

Cake Recipes

Her response was simply "Aha! Love ya honey..." and then an abrupt hang-up. When I got home, I found her standing by the oven, counting down the minutes until her creation would be finished. This stuff is that good - you just can't leave its side.

Anyway, here is how she did it:

1) Take out your 12-inch Dutch oven. If you do not have one, you will need one - if not for this, then something else. We love ours.

2) You will need to peel, core, slice, and then quarter 8 large apples (we prefer granny smith). Place these apples in the Dutch oven, along with 1/2 cups of chopped walnuts, 1/2 cups of dried raisins, 1 cup of dark brown sugar, 1/2 cups of chopped walnuts, 2 tablespoons of flour, 1 tablespoon of ground nutmeg, and 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon.

3) Next, just pour your cake batter into the oven, development sure to cover all of the real estate thoroughly, leaving no sight of your apples. Spread the batter, development sure it is even all the way around.

4) Bake the mixture in your Dutch oven for 1 hour at 8-10 briquettes on the bottom, and 14-16 briquettes on the top. This is mostly an arbitrary number of time, and can vary based on the oven you are using. If you can push on the town of the cake, and the top pops back up, then your cake is ready.

We like to halt this recipe off with a salutary part of whipped cream, but the number of which is up to your discretion. Enjoy!

Apple Spice Cake formula - Scrumptious sweetmeat For Any chance That is Sure to Be a Hit

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Cakes Recipe and Cake Decorating Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template